IDEA SUBMISSION RULES
In order to be considered, submissions must have features and/or functions that go directly toward meeting our current clients’ and partners’ challenges.
Qualifications for review
You must agree to the Idea Submission Terms & Conditions below.
Examples of ideas and suggestions that will not be considered are:
- Confidential information of any type
- Product styling or design
- Product names, slogans or logos
- Advertisements or Marketing Ideas including jingles, commercials, videos, songs, graphic design ideas
- Business methods or ways of conducting our business (restructuring, bail-out, etc.)
Please do not submit confidential information. Spellbound will not keep your idea confidential, as your idea will be copied and distributed to people at Spellbound for review and evaluation. We do not wish to make your idea public, but there are a number of Spellbound employees and or partners that will review the idea, so it may be discussed with individuals outside of Spellbound. If you would like to keep your materials confidential, do NOT send them to us. WE WILL NOT REVIEW CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
Please note that if you have preliminary discussions with Spellbound employees and or partners, they are not authorized to accept information on a confidential or restricted basis.
You are free to submit your idea to other companies without informing Spellbound, however, we request that you do not disclose that you have submitted your idea to Spellbound.
Spellbound agrees to review your idea when properly submitted via the Idea Submission Process according to the Idea Submission Rules and under the Idea Submission Terms & Conditions. We have no obligation to use your idea however.
In return for your acceptance of the Idea Submission Terms & Conditions, Spellbound offers a non-confidential, preliminary evaluation of your submitted materials. Following the preliminary evaluation, if we are interested in pursuing your project, you will be notified per our Idea Submission Process. At that time, we may be able to discuss additional terms.
Spellbound does not act in a consulting capacity. We are not obligated to provide you with an explanation for any decision that we may reach. This applies to the original disclosure as well as to anything you later disclose, orally or in writing. We assume no obligation to tell you something we already knew or have discovered since you submitted your idea.
IMPORTANT EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT NOTICE
Often, employers will require an employee to sign an employment contract. Some conditions of this contract may be that the company will own ideas related to their business. Please determine whether your employer owns the idea you are submitting. Spellbound cannot accept ideas that are in violation of an agreement or understanding with another party, such as your current or former employer.
You must be at least 18 years old.
Spellbound does business globally but we prefer correspondences in English. We recognize that our business is conducted in several languages around the world, but our primary language for business transactions is English and our Innovation Group offices are located in Irvine, California, USA. We rarely accept innovations in other languages, as this severely limits the distribution of your ideas within Spellbound.
Idea Ownership Guidelines
- You must own the idea you are submitting.
- You cannot submit the idea of another person or party.
- The idea must be the original creation of the individual who signs the disclosure form and the signor must have the exclusive right to submit the idea to Spellbound.
- The signor of the disclosure form must have the legal right to negotiate the idea with us and the power and authority to grant any and all rights in the material.
- This does not mean that you are granting any rights under a patent, which you already have or may obtain in the future, during this preliminary review.